Hi,

I have installed freebsd 6 on the pc and connect to the LAN. from freebsd box, I can ping other pcs on the LAN and other PCs(Windows XP) can ping freebsd box as well. But I can't telnet to freebsd from other PCs (Windows XP). Also I have tried telnet from freebsd box to itself and also couldn't make connection. Anyone know what problem could be?

Thanks,

Frank

telnet is not enabled by default. Uncomment the telnet line in inetd.conf and /etc/rc.d/inetd restart