I've had some problems earlier this year due to FreeBSD-6.0 crashing
after a few hours of execution (perhaps it's mal-functioning hd's dma,
but - simply put - I can't install FreeBSD 2 or 3 times a day to find
out! ^^). And so I thought of journaling file systems.

I think XFS is being ported to FreeBSD, but last news on the official
page (http://people.freebsd.org/~rodrigc/xfs/) dates from December
12th, 2005 (and it's still read-only). So...

Is there a journaling file system (rw ready) available? Which one?

Another question: how can I completly diable hd dma? -.-"

--
[]'s,
Luiz Eduardo