Robert Huff wrote:

Alex Zbyslaw writes:

IBM discovered this to their cost when one of their Deskstar
models turned out to be scrap disguised as a disk, and got a
Class action lawsuit in return.  Then they sold the Deskstar line
to Hitachi :-)

        Did they only sell the Deskstar line?  I heard it was the
entire disk drive operation, and I have had excellent results with
their SCSI products.
I'm sure they did sell everything, but it wouldn't have had the same dramatic effect to say that :-) IMHO, the duff deskstar was an anomaly and it certainly wouldn't (and hasn't!) put me off buying Hitachi.

--Alex