Dmitry Pisklov wrote:
How can I set up (if I can do it at all :)) my US Robotics winmodem? I use
FreeBSD 6.0 stable. Here's what says pciconf:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:2:0: class=0x078000 card=0x008112b9 chip=0x100612b9 rev=0x00
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = '3COM Corp, Modem Division (Formerly US Robotics)'
    device   = 'USR 56k Internal WinModem'
    class    = simple comms

I've found no drivers for it...

Best regards,
šššššššššššššššššššššššššššššš Dmitry Pisklov
šššššššššššššššššššššššššššššš Developer
šššššššššššššššššššššššššššššš StarSoft Development Labs

I am sorry to say you are facing an uphill battle.
There is very little support for host-based modems.
I have the same problem with my Conexxant modem
that came with my cheap little Dell computer, which
by the way FreeBSD does a great job of supporting.

--Duane