Hello,

I have several different Dell PowerEdge servers running various branches of FReeBSD ranging from 4.4 (nameserver only), to 6.0.

I have had excellent success compiling kernels and am quite comfortable with the process.

I was wondering what strategy people use to 'KNOW' which drivers and options can me commented out/deleted when configuring the kernel file. i.e. how does one "know" he does not need the 'amr' driver (I knowI don't need this one, but the idea relates to a number of other settings in the config).

Info in dmesg.boot?

/stand/sysinstall help?

I want to build the lean mean kernels, but am a little nervous not knowing what can be commented out.

TIA,

-GRant