I'm looking for a passively cooled pci-express card that will support
dual-head w/ dvi lcd's on FreeBSD -STABLE.

I'm currently using an AGP based matrox and it works well enough.

I don't do anything 3-D, just a gnome desktop and various xterms and
xemacs and stuff.  The only fancy hardware acceleration I can imagine
needing would be to support up-and-coming gnome eye-candy.

I'd like a xinerama like effect (single desktop image), either w/
xinerma or card specific stuff (like the matrox).

I've found these:

  http://www.nvidia.com/page/quadronvs.html

which seem to almost cut it.  Googling suggests that xinerma
performance isn't usable, but that they do ok as separately managed
desktops.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

g.