This sounds like it is offered as a 3rd party BIOS upgrade. You didn't say who the manufacturer is, bust most of the better manufacturer's support their own BIOS updates directly. Using a 3rd party BIOS is often used on non-support motherboards or older motherboards that are no longer supported, or for some special feature the original manufacturer does not support (different CPU's or controllers, etc.)

For a 3rd party BIOS, 39.95 is cheap.  They can be much higher, close to $100.

        -Derek