Normally you add the account to the master then do a yppush to push the new maps out right away.

        -Derek

I have nis setup and working great. I made a copy of master.passwd in
/var/yp and removed the system accounts. The manual says that when I add a
user to the primary server and issue make nisdomainname(in /var/yp) the
new user should be added to the nis maps. Am I missing something, as I
have to copy over master.passwd and remove all system accounts everytime I
add an account. I know there has to be an easier way.

I am running FreeBSD 6.1(Current Branch)

Thanks for your time,

Freesbie