Hello,

[hadn't worn my newbie hat lately... so I thought I'd try it on.]

Is there a way to run X via startx and prevent someone from switching back to the console that started it and pressing Ctrl-C, without using DontVTSwitch in my xorg.conf file?

I would like to be able to use multiple virtual consoles. But do not like the idea of someone switching back to *my* virtual console... killing X and having my account available to them. This way I could lock my session via xscreensaver, and walk away. Then someone else could login and use the machine... just not *my* account.

I had envisioned something like a script that did the following:
  #!/bin/sh
  startx &
  vlock

Yet vlock does not like this at all. I was hoping to background startx... and then lock the virtual console. :)

Is there anything that might accomplish something similar?

Thanks.

--
Regards,
Eric