Usually this is a result of the wrong end-of-line characters being used, depending on what the output device expects.

In UNIX, end-of-line is just a line-feed, in MS-DOS/Windows end-of-line is a carriage-return line-feed pair.

You may need to change the end-of-line characters to suit your needs and output device.

        -Derek