On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 03:10:01AM +0200, Danny Pansters wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 April 2006 02:35, Gary Kline wrote:
> >     If firefox is supposedly superior to every other browser,
> >     why, when it sees a realplayer "smil" file, does it pop up
> >     a rectangle with radio-button  options and a "BROWSE" button?
> >
> >     I press BROWSE and another frame opens.  I click on X11R6 and
> >     eventually get to bin, and there the only file I see is
> >     "xauth".  ...CCan anybody 'splain this?
> >
> >     gary
>
> Set mime types and handlers correctly?
>
> I use KDE and konqueror, but once in a while I have to set some mine type ->
> handler things and it looks like you got a similar thing.
>
> Dan

        Ok, *which* mimetypes?  There are mime files in ~/. and in
        various ~/.mozilla directories?  At least 2 in .mozilla--
        one for firefox, one for mozilla.  These are named
        mimeTypes.rdf.  Be nice if firefox considered that thhere
        are a few of us old time CLI guys still around!

        With mozilla, there are places to type in specs about the
        "helper" apps; things such as files suffixed with ".smil"
        use realplay.  As do several other files.  Both realplay
        and mplayer can do everything (in theory); I've stuck
        with realplay.

        thanks, Dan, but I'm still lost.

        gary

--