A mac mini is an odd machine to make into a server, but no matter. I doubt you'll run into any issues with installing it. Darwin is nice, but it was developed to be the underlying layer of the finder GUI. And the freeBSD ports system is so much nicer than any other nix install system that there's no comparison.

-JOhn

Mark Edwards wrote:
Because I want to run FreeBSD, not Darwin. This is for a server, not for a desktop. I'm used to FreeBSD, and I am migrating an existing machine over.