Jim Stapleton wrote:
Anyone have experience with ClamAV? Good, Bad, Ugly?

Should I use something else, or is the only good alternative
pay/expensive (such as avast)?
Am I better at leaving the antivirus stuff to the Windows machine
(which has McAfee Enterprise)?

I've used it for a few years, primarily for mail filtering. I had a few problems with crashes a couple of years ago, but its been very stable since.

I haven't noticed any false positives - I don't actually run any windows systems or feed them, so I wouldn't have noticed the false negatives if they occur.

Michael