With the right settings of --backup --backup-dir you can easily create a week (or two or three or whatever) archive of the "daily" changed files. So, for example..

/backup/usr - contains identical copy
/backup/dailys/usr/Mon - contains files that changed on /usr on Monday.

Then just set things up to rotate/expire the old copies and you have an easy way to get files back you deleted that you didn't mean to.

I can post the whole script if you're interested...

-philip

Philip: I would be very interested in seeing your script if you would kindliy post it.

http://www.pjkh.com/~philip/backups.tgz

Pretty straight forward. Set your directories in files.sh, create 'server' directories in servers and define what files/directories to include/exclude. Then run the script...

-philip