Greg Barniskis wrote:
Jerry McAllister wrote:

Using what comes with the base system.
Having no problem.

Same here. If functionality is in the base, my philosophy is that replacing it violates the KISS principle unless the replacement offers some additional functionality that justifies the change.

OK, so... after I wrote this I looked at the vsftpd site recommended by others and I'd have to say this probably is a justified swap.

The number of high end vsftpd users (including -- hint hint, enable_cluestick="YES" -- freebsd.org) is a pretty clear testimonial. I'm guessing the only reason this baby is not the base ftpd is its inherent GPLness.

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348