I have been building a cvs structure for a bunch of code and have a couple questions I have not been able to find answers to in the archives/documentation. When you run ident on many FreeBSD modules you see the identifier "FreeBSD" used frequently. It appears that cvs is properly updating the information in those entries, but I don't see how cvs is configured to make that happen. FreeBSD is not one of the cvs recognized keywords. I would like to use a unique keyword for my stuff. ident finds it fine in the files, but cvs does not update the version information. I suspect that somehow I need to tell cvs about the keyword.

Also, in the process of going through all the source to put into cvs I found a number of modules that are no longer in use. cvs remove deletes them from the cvs archive. However, occasionally I need something that is no longer in use and would like to be able to save deleted modules somwhere in cvs. I don't want them to be returned in a normal checkout but would like them to be available somehow.