At 12:50 16.05.2006, David Stanford wrote:
Kyrre,

How large is your /var slice? If it's large enough to fit /home (or at least the files you'd like to save), maybe try booting into single-user mode, mount /usr and /var, wipe out /var, copy the files from /usr/home to /var, and just remember to document what slice /var was. Then you could just reinstall the base system around it using a 6.1-RELEASE CD, no?

Just a shot in the dark...

-David

What's up David!

My /var is about 256M, I don't know how much space it holds.

My /usr/home anyway holds about 200G, I saw my friend Donald
just wrote a thread following yours, I'll take the advice from both
of you and try to make the best of it!

Cheers,
Kyrre