Jason Lixfeld wrote:
Well, I managed to sort it out. The grey area was that the Dell BMC just needed an IP, username and password configured on it. I was under the mistaken impression that the OpenIPMI needed to be installed to speak the BMC, but ipmitools does that just fine. Between the BMC and megarc for the raid status, I have everything I need! Well, with the exception of SNMP traps -- still haven't figured out how to set the trap host and community, but if worst comes to worst, I can use used net-snmp and use the exec options in snmpd.conf.

Where does this IP address present itself? On an SC1425 we have here, I can set an IP etc in the BMC BIOS, but it lists a MAC address there that isn't the same as either of the GigE interfaces on the mobo.

Is it overlaid in some strange way, or do I need some sort of daughterboard? I'd like to get this going for all our Dells if I can.

Cheers,

Howie