On Wed, 17 May 2006, Joe Auty wrote:

A problem I've had since 6.0 remains in 6.1 where my machine kernel panics at boot trying to kldload some module (it doesn't say which one). It also does not log this panic.

I suppose this isn't terribly helpful information, but if there is anything you can suggest I do (including pass this on to an interested party), please let me know how I can help =)

If it were me, I would:

1. Boot from a fixit CD
2. Mount my partitions from the afflicted disk(s)
3. Start commenting out lines in /boot/loader.conf

I'd probably start by commenting everything in /boot/loader.conf, but you could also use a binary search type procedure. Eventually it should become clear what the culprit is.

HTH.

--
Chris Hill               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]