I have a /usr/src/sys/compile dirs that has 400 meg in it. ( a kernel config dir) can I delete it?

-Grant

----- Original Message ----- From: "Laurence Sanford" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Grant Peel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2006 9:58 AM
Subject: Re: Upgrading and Disk Space.

Grant Peel wrote:

The idea is to try NOT to fill up the filesystem and crap out duing the upgrade.

664M    ./src
303M    ./ports

Remove those two if you're doing an upgrade using the discs. If you're building the upgrade from source, you obviously can't do that. If adding a drive is an option, then it becomes easy - put /usr/ports /usr/src and /usr/obj on the new drive and be done with it.

If it helps any, here's some output from a 6.1RC:

[EMAIL PROTECTED](/usr)# du -h -d1
2.0K    ./.snap
13G    ./ports
418M    ./src