On Tuesday 23 May 2006 20:44, Afrose Fathima wrote:
>  Hi,
> I am trying to install FreeBSD 6.1 on a DELL box.I have dowloaded the
> 6.1-Release ISO images from
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/r...ISO-IMAGES/6.1/<ftp://ftp.freebsd.org
>/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/6.1/> .
> Its gives us the ISO's for three CD's bootonly,disc1,disc2.But when we try
> to install starting with the bootonly disc it misses out on a few screens
> and also gives messages regarding unavailability of a few packages etc.
> Also it does not ask for the insertion of the other CDs at any point of the
> installation.
>
> Request for some help as soon as possible.

The "boot only" is just that with a few tools. If you're installing, you want
to start with disc1. The FreeBSD Handbook is your friend.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com