On 5/26/06, Miguel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi, i have a similar problem, i forgot my root password and the server
its in a remote colocation site, is there a way to recover the encrypted
password and crackit some way, i have my normal account (which is in
wheel group), i even know that the root's pass begings with
MAG_"something", but i really cant remember the complete root's pass,
rebooting in single user mode is my best bet?

If you are in wheel, then you should be able to "sudo su" to switch to
the root account and then "passwd root" to reset the password.

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--