Mark Moellering wrote:
I am attempting to add a wireless capabilities to an existing network / firewall structure. I added a wireless NIC card to the firewall (Netgear WPN311) and followed the wireless instructions. I also added a similar card to an existing computer (Netgear WG311T). The Firewall's internal wired network is on 192.168.1.1 and the Wireless card is set to 192.168.2.1 The client computer can find the wireless network and I can ping the wireless card (192.168.2.1) However, I can get nowhere else. I cannot get to the wired subnet nor outside access to the internet. I tried adding a bridge from the wired to the wireless network interfaces but that did nothing. I tried putting the wireless Nic to 192.168.1.249 but that made things worse. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Both client and firewall are running Freebsd 6.1 Relevant (that I can think of) files from the firewall are included...

The bridge is not necessary. If you're trying to make all the traffic traverse the wireless network, you'll have to change the default gateway on the client. Otherwise the traffic will traverse bge0 as indicated in the client routing table. Otherwise, I would examine the firewall. Change it to allow all traffic and see if that makes a difference. Verify that your nat configuration is correct.