Hi Andreas:

On Sunday 28 May 2006 06:39, andreas Sotirakopoulos wrote:
> Hi
> I have(?) an internet connetction issue... I have a router connected to a
> windows box downstaires (Lynksis wAG354G) and i use a wirelless usb adapter
> (Lynksis WUSB54G). It works fine under windows and even if some times the
> signal is lost usually it comes back by either moving the antenna a little
> or by restarting the network configuration tool. In FreeBSD the adapter is
> visible and uses ural0 driver. So if give the command
> ifconfig ural0 inet 192.168.1.65 netmask 255.255.255.0 but i cannot connect

Instead of specifying your IP, try letting dhcp take care of this for you (as
you do with kde below).  Add the following to /etc/rc.conf:

ifconfig_ural0="DHCP"

Then, ifconfig ural0 up will invoke dhcp to configure everything for you,
including your gateway and routing table.  You may also want to look at your
routing table to see what's going on:

# netstat -nr

And flush the table if things go wrong with:

# netstat flush

I have to do this when moving from a wired connection to a wireless connection
in order to reset my default route (gateway).  Btw, I use FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE
-- I found 5.4 wireless to be a bit flaky...

hth...
don

--
Don Hinton <don.hinton at vanderbilt.edu>      tel: 615.480.5667
ISIS, Vanderbilt University                  skype: donhinton