On Mon, 29 May 2006, Ask Bj?rn Hansen wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to use grub instead of the usual boot0 thing on a Compact Flash card I use in Soekris and PC Engines WRAP systems. I installed grub from ports/sysutils/grub and put the package on my nanobsd system on the CF card.

Booting on a Soekris box and running grub, I get this:

grub> root (hd0,1)
Filesystem type unknown, partition type 0xa5

grub> root (hd0,1,a)
Filesystem type unknown, partition type 0xa5

It seems like it can't read the ufs filesystem?   Any ideas?

Did you copy the "stage1", "stage2", and "ufs2_stage1_5" files
to /boot/grub on the CF card?
As I understand it, grub needs these files to understand UFS2.
Just a guess.