Miguel wrote:
Andy Greenwood wrote:

I don't know what you mean by kernel errors on boot, but you can
recover your root password by booting into single user mode and then
running passwd.

Hi, i have a similar problem, i forgot my root password and the server its in a remote colocation site, is there a way to recover the encrypted password and crackit some way, i have my normal account (which is in wheel group), i even know that the root's pass begings with MAG_"something", but i really cant remember the complete root's pass, rebooting in single user mode is my best bet?

---