On Sat, June 3, 2006 22:57, Kyrre Nygard wrote:

> What's up all?
>
> Just wondering if it's possible to hide dot files somehow
> with FreeBSD's default ftpd when I invoke it from inetd?
>
> ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/libexec/ftpd ftpd -l
> ftp stream tcp6 nowait root /usr/libexec/ftpd ftpd -l
>
> Thanks,
> Kyrre

> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Hi Kyrre,
Files prepended with dots in UNIX operating systems usually symoblize a
file which is not shown to the user on a regular basis because the user
will actually not _need_ to know of it's prescense in daily use.
Therefore, it is entirely up to the FTP client of the user if files
prepended with dots are shown or not.