On Jun 4, 2006, at 6:38 AM, Jim Stapleton wrote:

On 6/4/06, Jim Stapleton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Does anyone have experience building XGL on Freebsd?

It has Makefile.am files, but no other files needed for automake (such
as configure.ac/configure.in). Does anyone know where I can find them
for this program, or if there is a trivial manner to generate them
(following the gnu automake tutorial, changeing the names as
appropriate, is only producing errors).

Thanks,
-Jim Stapleton

Here's an account of somebody who's done it. He covers the automake issues. It seems a little over my head. I've got it working on Linux and really can't wait to get it on FreeBSD.

http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39615&highlight=xgl