At 02:27 PM 6/16/2006, Darrin Chandler wrote:
The only two things that come to mind are 1) pf is using a really
complex and slow random source, or 2) something is going haywire with
the connection.

Have your tried tcpdump on either interface (not pflog) to see if
anything strange is going on (ACK storms, etc)? Just fishing at this
point...

Thanks. Well its on the same segment of the lan on a 3Com managed (and not busy) switch.

I am using S/SA and I thought that should help ACK issues....

for a trial, I am going to fire up a drive loaded with OpenBSD 3.9 and PF and see if there is anything better/worse with the same pf.conf file.

Something is amiss and unacceptable!

-JD

--
J.D. Bronson