[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Note from the above that portinstall is presuming that -PP was used and
is not building the port. I can omit the '-p' and this stops the occurrence
of this error, but then I don't get a package creation and that means I'll
have to build this port from scratch every time I want to install it. I
could force package creation of all ports, but this seems wasteful when
only a few require this process. Is this a bug in portupgrade, or have I
just used a conflicting array of arguments?
Don't know why what you are doing doesn't work, but you can create the package afterwards with pkg_create. So no, you won't have to build it every time.

--Alex