On Sat, 24 Jun 2006, David Kelly wrote:

On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 10:03:42PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

I'm currently weighing options ... my last two servers were HP
Proliant, and I *really* like them, but I might have a line on a
supplier in Panama that deals in Dell Servers and not HP ...

Looking at Dell's web site, the PowerEdge has an optional "Remote
Access Controller" that will it *sounds* like will give me similar
functionality as HPs iLO ...

Am not familiar with either, but are you sure this is hardware and not
Windows specific software?

I'm not 100% certain, after reading the following 'article' about it from 2002, but my feel is that the only "requirement" is that I run Windows IE to access the interface ... I know with iLO, there is nothing OS related that I have to install to make use of it, but I'm not certain with DRAC ...

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/power/en/ps2q02_bell?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

----