Hi

I use /etc/ftpchroot to chroot the users but i don't think i should be forced to link a file into each users home directory. That's not only a lot of users but there will also be questions from users about what kind of file it is and what it's doing there. I would appreciate any other solutions, if they exist.

Med vänliga hälsningar

Stefan Midjich aka nocturnal
[Swehack] http://swehack.se

Greg Barniskis wrote:
nocturnal wrote:
Hi

I'm using the ftpd server that ships with FreeBSD and when i chroot a user i notice that all created directories and files have GMT time on them as if the process can't access the system time because it's chrooted. That's only my theory. I would love a way to solve this, i just can't imagine that people have had this problem for so long without solving it.

I believe you merely need to copy or link the system's /etc/localtime to the effective /etc of the chroot tree.

But that's from memory, could only be theory too.