> I just tried /dev/unltp0 and I have the same issues. Basically, I
> killed all of the jobs, made your change, submitted a test page,
> watched as nothing happened (it didn't display any messages in the web
> interface), did a /usr/local/etc/rc.d/cupsd restart, killed the test
> page, then resubmitted one, and then it mentioned the USB busy will
> retry in 30 seconds line. I reattached my error_log for today's
> activities.
>
> I will be on the road for the better part of a week, so I will try to
> help out as much as I can given the circumstances. Thank you everyone
> for your assistance with this.

I found that the usb backend stalled here before actually doing any
work. Before I've done any actual debugging of the backend, I suspect
that it is being blocked on a status read attempt, though this is only
my current guess.

Here is a workaround:

In printers.conf () you will probably find a line like this:

DeviceURI usb:/dev/ulpt0

change usb: to file:, so that it looks something like this:

DeviceURI file:/dev/ulpt0

Then restart cups. Cups will not read any status information from the
printer, but at least it can print. Be warned about unknown side effects. :)

Jan-Espen Pettersen