Using 4.6.2...

When I telnet/rlogin/whatever from my freeBSD 4.6.2 system to another UNIX
(like UW711, OSR5, etc.) the backspace key suddenly works like the <DEL> key
- namely sending INTR.

stty -a shows that the <DEL> key is for INTR and that the backspace key is
still ^H. $TERM=xterm...

Seems so odd... Since the stty settings seem fine, it is almost like the
keyboard mapping is getting munged when going to an external box.

on the local FreeBSD machine the backspace key works as expected.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Ernie Rice