Hello everyone

I am trying to build a firewall server with FreeBSD 4.7, but I'm having some problems
with the network cards.

When I install it with two Netgear FA-310TX network cards, I get the "dc0: watchdog
timeout" messages.

If I try two Intel PRO/100 cards, I get the "fxp0: DMA timeout" and "fxp0: SCB
timeout" messages.

Searching the mailing lists the problems for both these types of cards seems to be
reasonably well known. I tried moving the cards around the
PCI-slots, but without any success.

Anyone who can recommend network cards with less problems for a firewall server (or
knows the solution to these problems).

Thanks
Magnus

(I am not on the mailing list)