On 7/19/06, Jonathan Horne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wednesday 19 July 2006 18:55, Atom Powers wrote:
> All the modern storage cabinets have two data ports (mine has two
> SCSI320 ports) so they can be attached to two servers. But what kind
> of file system can you use that would make that data available to both
> servers?

unless youre referring to some sort of SAN, ive never heard of a drive cage
that was designed for 2 servers.  what model storage cabinet do you have, and
does the manual say/show it being attached to 2 servers?  are you sure those
2 ports are not one for in, and one for out?

Promise Vtrak M300p, 12 drive SATA storage cabinet with two SCSI
Ultra320 controllers. I'm almost positive it can handle two servers
connected to it.

But I also have a SAN cabinet (14 SCSI drives). So my question is
still relevant even if the Vtrak can only have one server attached.

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--