I'm relatively ne to FreeBSD (~6 months of usage) and I have been administering
my own system for approximately the last 2 months.  Recently my system has
received many ssh login attempts on standard user accounts as someone has been
attempting to break into my system.  I usually read the Security Run Output
e-mails to see if the attacker(s) had made any headway, and took necessary
precautions (limiting ssh logins etc).  However, last week (after it seemed
that the attacks had let up somewhat) I stopped receiving the e-mails (as well
as the daily run output e-mails).  I still read the auth.log file to see login
information and it did not appear as though anyone had successfully managed to
break into the system.  Today the both sets of e-mails started again and I
received the e-mails for today and yesterday (I am still missing 5 days worth
and one weekly run output).  I was wondering if anyone might know how to ensure
that I continue to receive these e-mails without interrupti
on.

If it matters (and I suspect it does) I have all my root e-mails aliased to a
locked, nologin dummy account that forwards e-mail to my account, my boss'
account, and retains a copy in the dummy account (.forward was not working to
forward root's mail).  Root's mail client is set to read the dummy account
inbox as well as anything that somehow winds up in the regular root mailbox.
This setup worked fine until the e-mails stopped last week (none of the listed
accounts received the e-mail).

--Patrick