Complime to the folks at FreeBSD

I write to extend my thanks and appreciation for your replies to my e-mail.
Your responses were clear, easy and straight to the point. Keep up the good
work!

Thank you so much for helping people like me to learn about FreeBSD.

You deserve the Nobel Prize in software category.

Regards

Sammy Sumer

On 7/23/06, David Stanford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 7/22/06, sammy sumer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern:

Greeting from Australia

I commend your efforts and your success. Following are some gripes with
FreeBSD and ideas to fix them.

I have been using FreeBSD for a few years. I have also played with lots of

Linux distributions but still FreeBSD is my first choice as a computer
system admin and backend web developer.

But you know what pisses me off about FreeBSD? It is the little things.

Every Linux Distributor in the world is hard at work reinventing the
interface and making the Linux as user friendly as possible but we're
still
dogged by turn of the century hassle with our FreeBSD.

Here is what I would fix:

1.    Reinvent the installer and interface.

Fundamental thing like system installer is still phenomenally arcane.
There
is no excuse for FreeBSD developers not to upgrade the system installer
and
why not using disk imaging technology like Norton ghost or Acronis
TrueImageinstead of the traditional installation.

http://wikitest.freebsd.org/BSDInstaller

-David
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# fortune
Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion.