> On Jul 25, 2006, at 8:16 PM, Nikolas Britton wrote:
>

> > ICP Vortex is an Adaptec company and Adaptec doesn't
> support FreeBSD.
> > We've already been over this once.
>
> Not to disagree with you, but Adaptec put new drivers for 5.3
> and 5.4 for their 2420, 2820, 2320SLP, 2130SLP, and
> 4800/4805SAS driver back in April 06 up on their website.
>
> Their support could be a lot better, but these are new cards
> and new FreeBSD drivers...  There is no storage manager
> aaccli like there was earlier :-( (maybe a Linux one,
> assuming there is one, will work like the Linux aaccli
> program works on FreeBSD?)

I've 2130SLP and the drivers Adaptec posted caused server reboots almost
immediately, the documentation were lacking (device name has changed which
would cause a failed boot) and as you said aaccli is not working, not even the
new linux ASM.

On that point, do you still have the linux aaccli file ? I've been looking for
it with no luck. Just updated the 2130SLP firmware and its no longer accepting
the aaccli utility.

Advise.....stay away from Adaptec on FreeBSD and especially RAID controllers.