On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Nikolas Britton wrote:

This may sound dumb but why don't we just put a registration link on the FreeBSD main page... or "registration" in sysinstall. Isn't this how everyone else handles the problem?

User A installs FreeBSD, registers, works with it for a week, finds he isn't getting anything done with it, wipes the drive and goes to something else ...

User B installs FreeBSD 5.x, registers, works with it for a while and decides to CVSup to -CURRENT, so now we have an artificially high # of 6.x installs, and an artificially low # of 7.x installs ... nobody looks to be moving to 7.x, therefore why support it from a vendors perspective ...

----