I can only recommend a program called dspam, which is also in the ports. I personally had a very hard time to install and configure it, so this is not a praise only, but once i had it running it almost immediately started taking care on 99 percent of my spam.

On Aug 1, 2006, at 7:51 PM, Duane Hill wrote:

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006, Robert Huff wrote:

Micah writes:

> I `ve got a spam problem and want to run a spamfilter.
> There is only a problem i don`t no witch spamfilter to choose.
> Can anyone give me a tip of a good and simple to run spamfilter???

 I'm running SpamAssassin and spamass-milter. They seem to do an
 okay job.

        While I run (and like) this combination myself, there are at
least two caveats of which one ought to be aware:

        1) spamd (part of SpamAssassin) is written in perl.  This is
fine for a workstation, not so much for a high-volume mail server.

This is because SpamAssassin is CPU and memory intensive. High- volume, I wouldn't see running on anything less than a dual 2.8ghz with a bare minimum of 4gig ram (8 would be better).

        2) installing spamass-milter requires rebuilding sendmail.  (I
have no idea about other MTAs.)  This usually sounds more
frightening than it is, but can still lead to complications.

                                        Robert Huff

"This message was sent using 100% recycled electrons."

!DSPAM:1,44cf40586291601157756!