I've noticed an odd problem when I set allscreens_flags="MODE_282". If I set this in rc.conf, when I reboot my machine, the minute GDM comes up, I can see black on the top half of my screen, overwriting everything else on the screen. As I move the mouse, the black lines overwrite more of the screen. I can also see a very tiny cursor moving in the black. What this looks like to me, is that part of the console screen memory is overwriting the screen. Is there a fix for this or is this a known problem? If I disable the allscreens_flags in rc.conf, boot normally, switch to a console CTLR_ALT-F1from within Gnome then run vidcontrol MODE_282 then switch back everything is fine... no corruption.