On 8/7/06, James G. Corteciano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello everyone!

Good Day!

I am using FreeBSD 6.1/6.x version of Operating System. I plan to
switch my existing PDC Win2k Advanced server to FreeBSD with the
power of Samba. Anybody may I know of how would you setup SAMBA as
PDC in FreeBSD 6.x? I know this is not good question for asking HOWTO
but the good procedures and right samba configurations might lead me
up during installation process.

I am hoping for your kind consideration and favorable response.

Great many thanks.

Regards,

James G. Corteciano

Hey,

After playing with Samba through the years, reading tidbits of documentation
and howto's, nothing compares to the documentation in the Official Samba
Howto. I was having plenty of problems and decided to have a look in this
book, before I did anything more with Samba I simply read it from start to
finish (only skipping the sections relating to Active Directory due to it
being expiremental and likely to change, and I wanted something stable and
tested well).

So, read the Official Samba Howto:
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/
It's the best.