On 10 Aug 2006, at 18:33, Jeff Cross wrote:

In your original post you say you installed PHP (php5-extensions). Did
you actually install PHP5 or just the extensions?

PHP5 is at /usr/ports/lang/php5 and the extensions are at
/usr/ports/lang/php5-extensions.  I'm not sure if compiling the later
will install the actual PHP5 port or not...

In my tutorial
(http://www.averageadmins.com/2006/04/10/famp-freebsd-apache-mysql- and-php)
I installed PHP5 then the extensions and it worked fine.

Yes I found that I had to install /usr/ports/lang/php5 and then the php5-extensions port.
Then it worked for me.
Eoghan