- VM Server isn't supported either. I am not so sure it would be as simple as mapping the linux commands to bsd ones... the fact that it needs the *mod linux commands implies they use linux kernel modules... which I would say are
not compatible with BSD. I'd love to be proven wrong :)

100% - and it even has its own proprietary Linux modules that the VMServer loads when starting up (virtual nics, hubs / switches, etc). I just thought that linux modules would be able to operate under linux-emu in BSD. Guess I was wrong on that one :-)

But yeah, VMWare Workstation is not really something I'd use in production. VMWare Server only Linux / Windows / etc, and then we have the enterprise class ESX Server, which is a OS in itself....