On Monday 21 August 2006 9:16 pm, Jerry McAllister wrote:
> > > The boot order in BIOS is currently CD, Floppy Hard disk
> >
> > Most of the IBM laptops have some key that you can hit to get to a
> > BIOS boot menu to select your boot device. Maybe it will boot the CD-
> > ROM if you select it from there
>
> Yes.  I got in to that OK and checked out the BIOS setup and
> actually played with the boot order some - but it didn't seem
> to make any difference.   It never seems to talk with the CD
> during the boot, even with the CD drive first in boot order.
>
> ////jerry
> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Possible options
Check the online manual with IBM to see if you need to hit any special keys to
drop into a boot selection menu.
Some IBM laptops had a CD firmware upgrade and a bios upgrade to deal with
problems like this. Check out their support website with Levono and see if
any of these upgrades apply to this machine.
Ralph Ellis