At 12:50 25.08.2006, David J Brooks wrote:

Back in the Jurassic era, when typewriters still roamed the earth, it was a
convention to leave a double-space following a period so that the reader
could more easily distinguish the end of a sentence. With the advent of word
processors (and proportional fonts) this double-spacing convention lapsed.

My guess is that the code for SSH was written by someone who learned to type
on a typewriter, or was taught by someone who learned to type that way.

David
--
Sure the Almighty created the world in only six days,
but He didn't have an established user-base.

Thanks for the information Mr. Brooks, and I see you messed up the subject line :)

I just hope somebody with the know-how can submit a patch.

All the best,
Kyrre