Hi all -

I was looking at implementing QUOTA for a server, but all of our users are stored in a database (ftp/pop/imap authenticates against the db). They each have their own uid's though so the files are owned "individually".

I would think file system quotas would work for this, but from the docs I've read so far it doesn't say and all the various commands take a username as an argument, not a uid...

So without actually trying it out, anyone know if quotas will work without matching /etc/passwd entries?

Thanks!

-philip