Hello,
I've got mysql server and client v4.1 running on a FreeBSD6.x box. They were installed via ports not packages using custom make options which i have in portupgrade's pkgtools.conf file. I now would like to upgrade both of them to v5, without causing dependency issues with installed apps or with my databases. What i was wondering is is there an easy way of doing this? I am concerned about my databases, i've done mysqldumps on them, but i have to manually go in and create information. I'd rather feed the mysql command a complete file and have it automatically regenerate everything. I'm also concerned about any compatibility issues. Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.