People,

        I'm clueless about why I had so my trouble with / (/dev/ad0s1a),
        but it's fsck-clean.  s there anything else I should do before I
        reset the BIOS and try to reboot?

        I checked /boot; there were things dated 18 July, but I can't
        make any sense of this,or the stderr that were spat to the
        screen.  Must have ben 50-75 lines; that's a guess.

        Anybody?  I'm looking for kernel input in particular, but *Any*
        suggestions welcome.

        thanks in advance, of course,

        gary

--